Monday, January 13, 2014

Out: Dinner and a movie ("Her" and Absolute Noodle)

This post is a bit late, but I wanted to share about my dinner and a movie night with the boyfriend.

We caught the 3pm showing of the movie "Her" at E Street Cinema (cool theatre in downtown DC that shows indie films and serves beer!). The movie was quite entertaining, albeit awkward and inappropriate for kids. I don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it, but it's basically about a guy and his unconventional girlfriend in futuristic Los Angeles. Something I noticed in the movie that I thought was funny is that all of the men's pants are worn really high...

Anyways, after the movie, we went to Absolute Noodle, a Thai noodle place in Chinatown. We checked in on Yelp and got free veggie spring rolls:
which were delicious. The outer layer was super crispy and not greasy, and the inside filling was piping hot and flavorful. I got the Pad Thai with beef (recommended by the waiter):
and the boyfriend got the lemongrass soup with chicken:


I usually don't feel too strongly about Pad Thai, but I would go back there just for the dish! I won't profess that it's the best thing in the world, but it's great to find a decent low-/average-cost restaurant that serves pretty decent food, especially in "Chinatown," which is full of chain restaurants (e.g., McDonald's, Chipotle, Nando's, Chop't, California Tortilla).

Overall, it was a successful date night (that ended with a trip to the grocery store--another one of my favorite places)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment